Thursday, October 16, 2008

Noteworthiness

3 things to report today, Can you believe it!

Actually more, I think.

1. Made bed and actually combed/fixed my hair. (I have really easy to re-ponytail in the morning hair, so usually I do that without even combing it, except for Sundays or other outings.)

2. Picked up a friend and her 2 year-old and headed off to the mall for Kids Club. Seth LOVES Kids Club, especially the free Carosol ride, but it takes a lot out of me to go, so we haven't gone at all since we moved here. Really since we were in Utah back in April. (Utah's was different though. Much smaller and closer to the parking lot and no Carosol, and I went with the playgroup I organized so it was a great social outlet.)

3. Cooked fried chicken from scratch with a thrown together recipe while Daniel was running late at the office AND it turned out good. Plus, I didn't complain about how every time I do make the effort to cook, he ends up late. (Oh, guess I just complained now, but not to him, and not in a whiny tone of voice.)

4. Got on the floor and really played with Seth and his new (Goodwill finds) cars that do wheeleys. He had a blast and kept asking for "Mommy play". I guess I don't get down on the floor enough with him. Are any of you other moms out there like that? Why is it that one of the things that matters most to our kids--our undivided attention on them on the floor on their level--is something we so easily forget to take the time for?

That's all for now.

Stephanie

1 comment:

Cali said...

Sounds like a good day!

Yes--my kids definitely get neglected when it comes to playing with them--partly because they play so well together, though. But, I do love to play with them, and we all have a good time when we do. Thanks for the reminder!