So, I'm upstairs on the dinosaur computer, but the c and spacebar work, so it's better for typing and I thought I'd fill in on the house. It's in Queen Creek about 19 miles drive from where we are currently, and 22 miles from Daniel's work. So a little bit of commute but not horrible. Queen Creek was one of the hardest hit areas with the Real Estate crash, so there are TONS of forclosures out there for AWESOME prices. Ours, believe it or not, is a 3947 sq ft, 6 bedroom, 3 bathroom, with okay sized yard, for a screaming price. Now, granted, in Idaho, or Montana, or other parts of the country you could buy more house or at least a lot more land for what we're paying, but here it's a smoking deal! It has a formal living room/dining area in the front, then the kitchen, then a large family room, with a small bedroom, bathroom, and laundry room (with SINK!) comprising the bottom floor, and a fair sized loft, master bed and bath with LARGE closet, and 4 other bedrooms each with walk-in closets on the 2nd floor. It will allow our family to grow nicely and me to have space to eventually do stuff with!
We're going through hoop after hoop with normal home buying stuff like inspections and paperwork, and additional inspections, paper work, and meetings for the government program that will be doing a second loan of 22% of the purchase price with no interest and payments, and if we stay in the house for 10 years it's forgiven completely--yes, you heard that right--basically it's a huge amount of FREE money as long as we stay in the house for 10 years.
The inspection found some issues with the AC and we spent a little to do a temp fix for that, and will have to budget in the $14000-$2000ish it could cost to have running up to par by next hot season, but that's the only major thing needing fixed. Even the paint is in decent shape, and it's not missing appliances or fixtures. So, now we're holding our breath while working through all the legistics.
Close date is officially the 15th of October, but we're pushing for closer to the 22nd of September (which may actually be doable). The lovely part, is that's the same time window when baby could come! I just hope all the timing works out. Pictures to come at some point. Probably after it's official.
--Stephanie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Awesome!! That's exciting. you'll have to get pictures!!!
That sounds awesome!I am so excited for you and your growing family. It will be so nice to have room to live and grow and breath.
Holy cow! What government program is that? I would LOVE to look into that. Please don't say it's only an Idaho thing...
The house sounds awesome! I'm excited for you guys!
Carrie,No,it's not an Idaho thing, thank goodness, as we're not exactly in Idaho. It's an Arizona thing. AZ was one of the hardest hit markets, so they got a lot of money. Other states might have their own "incentives", but it will vary from state to state. I would HIGHLY recommend, though, if you're planning on buying in the next year or so to attend a "Homebuyers Education Course" that is HUD certified. Some areas they are free, others a little money (one housing agency here charges $50, but we found another one for free.) It's an 8 hour training on the ins and outs of buying a home, and includes information on the different national and local assistance options in your area. And not all of them are for low income only.
Remind me of what state you guys are in these days. (WA is what comes to mind.)
--Stephanie
Why did I think you guys were in Idaho? Did you go there at all for rotations, or am I just crazy?
I took the homebuyers class in the spring, and it was wonderful. Now that we're serious abut buying a house, though, I want to take it again and have Brian take it with me. (Ours was free, and they even fed us yummy sandwiches!) I'll look into what programs they might have around here. I know they give extra money to people wanting to fix up old houses down town, but I doubt we'll end up down town. Thanks for the info, and good luck with everything with your new house!
Wow! I love the Queen Creek area--we had cousins who lived out there and we visited them while we were living there. It's a great area, and it sounds like you'll be really happy there! I know that there are a few home pre-schools out there that are pretty good, too, if you're interested. What wonderful news!
Can't wait to see pictures. I hope everything settles before the baby comes! Best of luck.
Sounds perfect! Good luck with all of it. It's nice to have rooms to grow into. =o)
Congrats on your new house to come (hopefully)! Sounds huge and wonderful of course! I have a sister out there, so hopefully we'll get to see you guys sometime!
Post a Comment